CSI Global Customer Manager
We are looking for a Global Customer Manager who will lead the global development of assigned top Energy customer accounts by positioning DHL as a strategic business partner and delivering agreed programs through a team spanning across DHL Business Units. In this key role, you will establish effectiverelationships with key contacts within targeted customer organizations to ensure maximum leverage for DHL's interests and work together to propose business solutions that add value to the customer's business and enhance its performance and reputation while maximizing DHL sales and revenue growth.
- Builds strategic relationship with senior customer management at a global level.
- Create future opportunities by translating customer needs & business trends into potential solutions
- Conduct research and gather intelligence from internal & external sources to understand the customer (strategies, operational & procurement culture)
- Organize and hold strategic customer dialogues with global decision makers to identify customer's business objectives, supply chain requirements & challenges (ensure business fit)
- Identify & develop effective relationships with key contacts within targeted customer organizations, as well as obtain Board sponsorship to ensure maximum leverage for DHL interests.
- Develop recommendation on pursuit or cancellation of opportunities based on financial attractiveness, risk and fit of customer requirements with DHL capabilities
- Create win plan & strategy to secure new opportunity, present solution of high complexity to customer demonstrating clear business & solution fit.
- Actively engage in negotiations and close the deal.
- Act as key contact for customer and channel communication to account teams and internal functions.
- Lead teams of Regional Customer Managers, coordinate and support account team members in the pursuit & closure of opportunities.
- Manage/lead multiple teams and multiple channels simultaneously.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate implementation requirements,(e.g. resources, processes) both internally & externally, monitors progress & advises team on potential road blocks & mitigation actions.
- BS/BA or MS/MA with 12-15 years of experience in a related area of responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in the Logistics Industry. Preferably in specific Energy related logistics.
- Minimum 5 years of combined commercial & commercial management experience
- 3 years minimum of Consultative Selling experience working at Board level on international scope.
- Supply Chain Management experience with global Customers and sound logistics understanding
- Multiple years of experience within the energy and oil and gas sectors.
- Thorough understanding of oil and gas upstream and downstream activities and value chain.
- Good knowledge of logistics requirements of oil and gas and utilities companies.
- In depth understanding and demonstrable experience (1-3 years) total supply chain of Energy industry
- Deep understanding of HSSE importance and processes within the oil and gas sector.
- Experienced in embedding HSE component into value propositions and solutions.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Effective presentation & facilitation skills
- Strong relationship management, senior program management and operational skills
- Ability to engage & lead discussions at board level with senior management
- Ability to effectively manage and lead a team of direct reports and influence without formal authority
- Ability to manage in matrix structure (Networking; persuasive)
§Texas (various cities)
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Facts and Figures
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovations (USA) Inc.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn